Wednesday 22 February 2012

Beyond Pond

SO, I over heard this conversation between two fish the other day........

Fish 1: Hey how's it flowin', Scaley?
Fish 2: Ahh you know.....the usual.  I was just wondering how this all works.
Fish 1: How what all works?
Fish 2:  You know - all this....... Everything.
Fish 1: This all works as it works.
Fish 2: Yeh but do you never wonder what is beyond pond?
Fish1: Beyond Pond?
Fish 2: Beyond Pond!
Fish 1: Nothing is beyond Pond.....Pond is everything. everything is Pond.
Fish 2: Is it?
Fish1: Ahhh I know. You've been talking to weirdy boy
Fish 2: Fin, yes I've been talking to him.
Fish1: Ever since the big beak made him disappear and then appear again at the other end of Pond, he's gone a bit mental
Fish 2: That was a Heron and he was taken outside of Pond to another dimension . He says he sees that there is more than Pond and that Pond is just one of many things in a bigger system and that we're all part of the system and we only see Pond.
Fish 1: So you've been wondering about......[raises eyes up] up there?
Fish2: Well you say "up there" but why is it up? I have no wonderings about what's 'down' do I? Down is just hard muddy, weedy. You can bounce off "down". But up is a mystery.
Fish 1: Listen don't worry about all that crap - that Fin, he's gone soft in the gills - Pond is all. The world is Pond. Disappearing and then reappearing must do something to your head. Ignore him he's a weirdo.
Fish 3: Hi can I join in.
Fish 1: No, Fuck Off!
Fish 3: Oh [Fucks off]
Fish 2: Bit rude... but you have a point he has kind of lost himself. I say something, like 'there's some nice algae over there better eat it quick' and he keeps telling me it's all based on wrong assumptions and........
Fish 1: Where? What Algae? Did you eat it all? Show me the Algae!
Fish 3: Hi can I join in?
Fish 2: You already asked that.
Fish 3: Did I? What was the answer?
Fish 1: No
Fish 2: So yeh Fin is getting like all those arty farty Trouts with their Trout Theatre, Trout Library, Trout Art galleries, Trout Concerts, Trou..
Fish 1: Alright get the picture..Trout civilisation, basically. They do a good rock fest though - Troutstival. Man, last year I was so off my face when...
Fish 2: Oscar Wilde said "The only artists I have ever known who are personally delightful are bad artists."
Fish3: He never said that. Or should I say he did but only through a character in The Picture of Dorian Gray, but he didn't say it as his own op..
Fish 1: Will you FUCK OFF!
Fish 3: Oh [ Fucks Off]
Fish 2: He was saying that poets and artists are more interesting and fun people if they are bad artists and poets because good ones lose all their personality in their work. He says and that inferior poets are fascinating. They live poetry they cannot write whereas good poets write the poetry that they dare not realise.     
Fish 1: Yeh? Anyway....where's that Algae?
Fish 2: Over there - oh no -look. Fin is eating it all!
Fish1 and 2: OY LEAVE THAT ALGAE!
Fish 1: GO AND EAT SOME WRONG ASSUMPTIONS YOU SLIPPERY BASTARD!


Fish.

I just don't get them.

          

5 comments:

  1. This just worries me on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The verification word for the last comment was CLUMEN. Which is such a good word it deserves to mean something. Going to look it up. See if it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. Nothing. It's up for grabs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the plural of CLUMAN - as in, "You haven't got a....".
    What worries you? - is it the Algae? It could be poisonous. It's not the reference to Portrait of Dorian Gray, is it? Remember these are not pet fish. They're Wilde fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wilde shcmilde. He recited a scurrilous poem to me when he was in the dock at the Old Bailey.

    ReplyDelete