Friday 24 February 2012

Change Ladders

Left my job today and start (hopefully) a new one in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to be earning less - about as much as I was earning 6 or 7 years ago.

But I'm no longer on the ladder.

I never meant to get on it. But at a point about 10 years ago I found myself on it. And realised I'd been on it for a while without realising it. Once you're on it, it's hard to get off, even once you've realised your on it. It seems like the only way to travel.

Along the narrow track of a ladder - failure to go upwards is a lack of ambition and going downwards is failure.

But it's staying on the ladder that represents a lack of ambition.

I've jumped off - and am traversing in any direction - 'up' and 'down' seem much less relevant. They are just two directions among many others. I now travel in, at least, 3D!

I think it's more ambitious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment