Tuesday 13 March 2012

Mirror mirror.....

Our host had been dredging up old jokes all evening. Everyone thought him sooooooo amusing. I didn't get a look in. Surely they couldn't be impressed by this.
He has a quick line every time. But the jokes are old. I thought of them and disregarded them immediately.

An emergency vehicle, probably an ambulance, goes by outside all sirens wailing, and conversation dies down as it passes. I can see he is ready to pounce with another amusing joke about the lack of success the ice cream purveyor would have travelling at high speed. So I quickly jump in. This will slay them! Just as our host begins to utter, "He'll never..", I loudly and speedily (to ensure I get in before he finishes the joke) proclaim, "That Ambulance, even if it were stationary would sell no ice cream because...."[pause] "...it is an ambulance!"

No one knows what I'm talking about.

They are a shit audience.

I focus on my chocolate tort.

2 comments:

  1. You are casting pearls among swine, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the ambulance was stationary would it have been copy paper and bic pens ?

    ReplyDelete